Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Movement

Now and again there is a personal question that just seems impossible to answer, whether it is because the question is too emotionally charged, too complex or you just really don't know! Recently I have been asked frequently how I am doing with my recent move. As simple as that question seems, I have had the hardest time answering! Movement is complicated. Movement by its own nature is unresolved. And... I am still in movement.

The beautiful thing about movement led by God is that it is an act of trust, and trust always draws us closer to Him. Moving from California to small-town Arkansas is a challenge to say the least. There is a letting go of many beautiful and meaningful things and people. But as I am moving into this place of obedience, listening and dependence that movement necessarily brings, I am sensing a deeper, wider well of the Spirit's wisdom and pull.  There is a serenity as I gaze into that well in the midst of the movement, and there is an awareness that God is doing things that I do not yet know.  He has purposes I did not know I needed. And for that, I am so thankful.

As difficult as movement is, it is a gift, but only if we ride on the wings of the Spirit.

"Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31

As we wait on Him, we move in His strength. As we hope in Him, and gaze into that deep well of majesty and wisdom, He sends us up with wings like eagles and moves us along in ways we would never have imagined. The waiting, hoping, looking deeply is a discipline in stillness and love and must be an intentional part of the movement. It is easy to move so quickly and "efficiently" that we miss His voice and openness along the way. God is opening up new depths to us all the time, and seasons of movement offer an invitation to see Him and know Him in new ways. Let us not miss that, because it is the most beautiful thing in the world...

So, in answer to your question... I don't know! But I am enjoying His companionship along the way.

No comments: